Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RegEx filters?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dcook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RegEx filters?
    Posted: 20 August 2003 at 8:59am

The help I have received here from others has been very valuable, especially the discussions of RegEx for filtering. I haave incorporated many of the filters posted here in the past to sucessfully identify and block patterns contained in spam mail.

Lately, there is a large amount of spam getting through the filters. I have not identified common code that I can use for filtering as of yet. This has been in just the last couple of weeks.  I am by no means a regEx expert and would apprecaiate help.

Have you been able to identify and filter mail getting through the RexEx posted about a month ago? If you have new RegEx that is sucessful (within the last month) please share your RegEx keywords.

Thanks for your help fighting spam!
Dwight

John View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2003 at 11:34pm

Dwight,

If you can post the character string(s) that you would like to block, perhaps some folks can post RegEx expresions to block them.

Alternatively, post the complete text (removing real "To Email" addresses for privacy reasons) and folks can offer suggestions.

John

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2003 at 12:53am

Dwight,

SpamFilter was not scanning for keywords emails over a certain size (MaxMsgSizeForKeywordScan=64 kb). It is possible that emails larger than 64k were thus not being scanned for your regex.

We've just uploaded a new build (1.2.0.199) that only computes the size for the plain text/html contents. This should resolve issues in filtering the emails with the sobig virus attachments.

Even though testing is not fully completed on this build, we've release it in a hurry to help dealing with this virus issue.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

kspare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2003 at 2:35pm
If this size was changed to say 256 would that help at all?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2003 at 4:50pm

We're trying to determine why some emails are let thru and some are not. We're not able to reproduce the problem here, all is blocked. If you increase the size in the ini file to 256 you may experience performance issues with high email traffic, but if you're getting slammed with sobik it won't hurt worse to try.

Roberto
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic