Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

one spam to one email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lance View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one spam to one email
    Posted: 12 April 2003 at 7:26pm

I figure this question has probably been asked before but couldn't find it. 

I have one local email address that wants an email from one particular blacklisted address.  Is there a way to do this so he is still filtered from all the rest and everyone else is still filtered from this spam.

Lance

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2003 at 9:52pm

Lance,

In the Settings tab, then Black / White Lists tab, right hand side, White Lists section, Excluded FROM Emails tab. Create a file by entering a filename in the file edit box, and then either simply type it in the edit box underneath, or edit the textfile itself, to add the blacklisted "from" email address in it.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

Lance View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2003 at 11:57pm

How do I keep everyone else from getting the spam except the one person.

I dont want to completely exclude this one spammer from the filtering actions

Lance

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2003 at 8:12am

If this one sender is indeed a spammer and others don't want to receive email from him, then the only solution is to have your particular recipient, the one who does want to receive email from the spammer, be placed in the list of local addresses that will receive unfiltered email. All emails addressed to him will not be filtered.

There is no middle solution here. If the sender is a spammer, he is either blocked to send email to anyone, or he's placed in a whitelist and allowed to send email to everyone. It's a strange situation where a particular person spams all users of a domain, but une person in that domain wants to receive email from him...

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic