Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fclass View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fclass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up users
    Posted: 30 August 2004 at 5:25pm
If I have 1000 users at mydomain.com but only want say 25 users to be filtered, what is the best way to set it up? Do I need to list 975 users in the Unfiltered list. Or is there a way to set it up so I only have to list the users I do want to be filtered and the rest will just be delivered unfiltered.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 11:20pm

James,

If the 25 emails that are to be filtered have some kind of naming pattern, you could try using a single RegEx expression in the "Unfiltered Emails" that will trigger a match for all emails not maching an expression that defines your 25 users.

If however these 25 addresses are "normal" email addresses for "regular" usernames, I'm afraid you'll need to add all the other 975 to the "Unfiltered List".

There are however admins who figure out how to use SpamFilter's features even better than we do. If so, any suggestions are welcome!

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

fclass View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fclass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 10:36am

It would be nice if you could do it the opposite way. Only enter the email addresses you want filtered and skip the reset. Thay way if you added a new email address, it would not automatically be filtered. It would be a good option to be able to do it either way in a future release. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic