Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New SpamFilter ISP v2.5.1.441 released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New SpamFilter ISP v2.5.1.441 released
    Posted: 06 April 2005 at 6:04pm
We have officially released the new SpamFilter ISP v2.5.1.441, it is available for download in the registered user area of our website. The major addition to this version is the support for an optional antivirus plugin to block email viruses.

This version also contains a small number of fixes and minor enhancements from the previous versions as follows below.

// New to VersionNumber = '2.5.1.441';
{TODO -cFix : Antivirus plugin-related dates were not decoded correctly in non-US locale date formats}
{TODO -cNew : Trial activation codes are requested via a built-in browser control within SpamFilter's GUI}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.5.0.435';
{TODO -cFix : Access Violations in "aa.bb.cc.dd - No Data Received" log entry. IP address was removed from logline}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.5.0.434';
{TODO -cNew : A current antivirus Activation Code is required to enable antivirus plugin}
{TODO -cNew : Added automatic hourly virus definition updates}
{TODO -cNew : Added custom response for SPF filter}
{TODO -cNew : Added custom response for antivirus filter}
{TODO -cNew : Added "aa.bb.cc.dd - No Data Received" log entry if remote server is disconnected without receiving any data from it (probes, port scanners, etc)}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.5.0.431';
{TODO -cFix : Removed trailing spaces in the "Found SPF Record" logfile entry }
{TODO -cNew : Implemented support for Norman's antivirus plugin}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.1.2.410';
{TODO -cFix : Force-delivery of quarantined emails with a NULL "Mail From" or "Mail To" would cause repeated exception entries in the log and creation of tmp files in queue directory}
{TODO -cNew : Added "SPF Test" button to SPF settings page to manually test user-defined criteria}
{TODO -cNew : Moved the retrieval of data in the quarantine view to a separate thread to improve performance for slow database links}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.1.2.406';
{TODO -cFix : When a recipient in an email with multiple recipients is whitelisted, the email is not supposed to be blocked. This was not working as expected in all cases}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.1.2.405';
{TODO -cFix : Changed the way hostnames and domains are checked for SPF records to better respect the SPF guidelines}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.1.2.404';
{TODO -cFix : The "Received by" header added by SpamFilter was not RFC compliant. Added the FQDN (host name) to the "by" section}

// New to VersionNumber = '2.1.2.403';
{TODO -cFix : DNS requests to a ping-able IP that is not running DNS were not causing SpamFilter to rotate DNS's to next available DNS server}

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
gsforsyth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsforsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 10:31pm

Roberto,

This is the error I get after loging in to download."

See below:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null

/sfi-login.asp, line 356

Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 10:49pm

George,

Did you get that before?  I logged in no problem.

Dan

The Desperado
Dan Seligmann.
Work: http://www.mags.net
Personal: http://www.desperado.com

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:42pm
George,

Can you please email us (or private post in the forum) the order number you're using to login?

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
gsforsyth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsforsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:50pm
Roberto,
I sent you the order number.
kspare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 2:09am
Roberto, I renewed my subscription, but it doesn't show as renewed when I logged in, can you check that out for me?
tcig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:13am
I got the same error

/sfi-login.asp, line 356

Werner Schneider

Jacksun View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacksun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:23am

This happened to me also when I tried to log in using the email and order number I received for the AV plugin.

To get the code for the AV plugin you just login with the email and order number from your spamfilter purchase and the activation code is there.

This of course assumes you were logged in when you purchased the AV plugin, which I think you have to be.

Wayne

gsforsyth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsforsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 8:47pm
Roberto,
Is there any way to "not quarantine" (just dump them) virus infected emails? Is there a parameter I am missing in the ini file?

It would be really great if we didn't have to keep the virus' infected emails in quarantine, ready for the silly end user to forward it to them selves even though the reason it is quarantined is in plain site on the webpage.

It doesn't do much good to block a virus, only to have it forwarded in the end anyway.

Luckly the AV on the pop server catches them.

g
gsforsyth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsforsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 3:24pm
Roberto,
Can this be done the same way tht :null works with some of the other filters?

g
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:10pm
Not right now, but we'll be adding that option shortly.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic