Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Day 1 Question(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ebtsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebtsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Day 1 Question(s)
    Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:40am
I have installed the demo version for our site.....
We support some 300 domains.. but are currently testing for 2.
My first question is.....
A. Tarpitting:  On our current email system(s) - tarpitting is invoked,
 because the 'sender' is trying to send to hundreds of email
 addresses - that aren't valid.
How do I tell Spam Filter - the valid email addresses - BUT - continue to
do all the spam filtering functions - even for the valid email addresses???
'=================
Obviously - if the email address is not valid - I don't want to send it on to the receiving email server, I just want to immediately reject and do tarpitting (or something similar).
'=================
B.  Our plan would be to update control files - et al (i.e. add new domains, new email addresses) - via a program.  From what I have read - and have watched - it looks like the system 'refreshes' or re-reads the settings file every X often.    How can I control how it
is read.  We update about every 30 minutes.
'=======================
Thanks

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 7:09pm
For your first question, if I understood it correctly, the solution is to se the "Authorized TO Emails" whitelist in SpamFilter. From our manual:

Authorized TO Emails - You can keep a file containing a list of authorized recipients. If you want SpamFilter to only deliver emails to specific addresses in your domain(s), you can manage such a list here. Enter one email address per line, wildcards (* and ?, same rules as DOS wildcards) are allowed. You can also use Regular Expressions (RegEx). If the file does not exist it will be created. The file is reloaded every minute. Please not that if such a list is present, SpamFilter will not deliver email to an address unless it is present in such a list.

For your 2nd question, SpamFilter ISP will automatically reload the settings in the SpamFilter.ini file and any blacklist/whitelist file that was modified externally within 60 seconds of the change being made. You can safely make any changes you wish, as often as you wish. SpamFilter will then reload the config file within 60 seconds.

In SpamFilter Enterprise, most settings are stored in the database. In this case too you are free to make any changes directly to the database. SpamFilter Enterprise will reload them within 5 seconds.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic