Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Activating SpamFilter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gillonba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gillonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Activating SpamFilter
    Posted: 28 January 2013 at 4:57pm
We are currently running two SpamFilter servers and are trying to upgrade our infrastructure, including migrating our SpamFilter instances to newer servers.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to activate our new installation.  Last Friday I installed the latest version and copied the config file over and everything seemed to about ready.

Unfortunately, now I can't seem to be able to use our new installation at all.  When I open SpamFilter.exe I get the following: "This Evaluation version has expired!"  After clicking "Ok", the main form opens and immediately closes.  However if I past our activation code into the SpamFilter.ini config file, I get the message "SpamFilter Enterprise Activation Code is incorrect and/or the external IP address of your server has changed!"  When I click "OK", the application closes.

How am I supposed to activate my copy of SpamFilter ISP?  On the license page it clearly states:
"SpamFilter Enterprise: 
SpamFilter Enterprise Activation Code (copy/paste in SpamFilter to activate the Enterprise features):"
How can I copy/paste in SpamFilter if the form closes before I have a chance?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 9:49am
We just noticed the posting on the forum - I am very sorry for that, we completely missed it.

Going back to your issue, only the demo version of SpamFilter performs checks on the external IP address to match it against the demo evaluation code. The retail version of SpamFilter Enterprise should not impose any limitations whatsoever - your activation code will work on any computer you install SpamFilter on, forever.

Can you please ensure that you downloaded the retail version of SpamFilter by logging in our website, and that you are not still running the "trial" version?

You can verify you are using the retail version of the software when running SpamFilter by looking at the bottom left corner of the SpamFilter GUI window. You should see a label that says “REGISTERED” and not “UNREGISTERED”.

If you are still running the trial version, to install the licensed version you can simply download the “binaries” only package from the website, extract the two executables SpamFilter.exe and SpamFilterSvc.exe in the SpamFilter directory overwriting the old ones, and restart SpamFilter. 99.9% of our upgrades can be performed this way.

If you wish, you can also upgrade using the “usual” setup.exe installer, which essentially will do the same thing (upgrade the executables and leaving all the config files intact). However, if you’re like most admins, you will prefer to have total control of your upgrades, thus our first method will probably be your preference :-)

Once logged in our website, you will also be able to retrieve your SpamFIlter Enterprise activation code, which needs to be entered in SpamFilter. 

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
gillonba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gillonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:43pm
Thought I replied to this...  Re-downloading after logging in resolved the issue.  Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic