Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Build 4.5.0.64 freezing up...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RBarrow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build 4.5.0.64 freezing up...
    Posted: 11 March 2013 at 3:29pm
We have been running 4.5.0.64 for some time but have been experiencing "freezes" randomly over the past several weeks.  May happen once every 2 - 3 days...then it can happen 2 times in one day. 

Nothing is showing in the windows logs.  Nothing in the sf log files either.

Getting ready to downgrade...but wanted to post this first...

R
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2013 at 3:42pm
We are working on two similar reports offline, and in both cases the SpamFilter logs do not show any cause of issues. As of now we're still not able to replicate the problem however. Do you mind zipping and emailing us the SF lgos for one of the days this happened twice? Before the v4.5.0.64 build, were you running a SF v4.2.x or v4.5.x version that was stable?
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
RBarrow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2013 at 3:47pm
Roberto...
I have only the log file for today where it froze at 11:52 EDT.  We finally found it about 2:30 or so and restarted it (which started a new log).  Would that log help you?  It looks normal right up to where it froze.

I don't recall which version we were on previously but honestly every build we have run prior to this for several years has been stable....so this is a first!

Let me know...
Roy
RBarrow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 11:13am
Anything yet? Do I need to downgrade?
yapadu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 7:03am
Hi Roy,

What was the last stable version you were running (what version would you downgrade to?).
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am a user of SF, not an employee. Use any advice offered at your own risk.
RBarrow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 12:09pm
For some reason, I am not getting the emai notification from the forum...hmmm...

Anyway...just checking to see if any progress has been made.  We have the server set to reboot every 3 hours as a solution currently...which isn't ideal but appears to be a work-around.

I am not sure what the previous version we were using prior to this.  I have had so few issues with it over the years, I upgrade when I think about it or when we get a customer complaining about stuff getting through...

The last version I see on the server was build 60...and we did not have any issues with that.

Roy

RBarrow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 11:47pm
Guess no activity on this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic