Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IIS, Server 2003 and web access to quaran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robegusn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robegusn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IIS, Server 2003 and web access to quaran
    Posted: 19 June 2006 at 3:59pm
I suspect that this may be a common problem so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I am strying to setup the .ASP page access for users to manage their own quarantine.  I did this one before on Server 2000 and it was very simple.

This time I am trying to get it setup on Server 2003 and it will not work.

I get the error "HTTP 500 - Internal server error".  There seems to be a common problem when I search with Google.  I found a Microsoft document http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/315122 thatI thought would resolve the issue.  It did not.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Robert
robegusn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robegusn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 4:11pm
I got the page working - I had a typo in the db_connect file.

Now a new challenge - does Server 2003 support CDONTS?  If not what is the work around?

Thanks

Robert
WebGuyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebGuyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 10:59pm

2003 server comes with CDOSYS but if you copy the cdonts.dll file from 2000 server you can continue to use CDONTS, otherwise start goggling CDOSYS for samples.

http://www.webguyz.net
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 11:41pm
Robert,

The sample web interface does not require CDONTS to work. The ASP pages will deliver emails simply by adding/modifying records in the SpamFilter database. It will be SpamFilter itself that will then deliver the email, avoinding the need for any server-side components to be installed on the IIS server.

The only requirement for IIS is that the ASP extensions be enabled, and that the IUSR anonymous account used by IIS (if the website is configured for anonymous browsing) has access to the necessary files and folders.

The screenshots attached show a generic IIS error with little extra troubleshooting information. If you select in Internet Explorer "Tools - Internet Options - Advanced", please uncheck the option "Show friendly HTTP error messages. If you try accessing the page again, a more detailed and explanatory error should appear.

From the error in the logs you attached (Operation_must_use_an_updateable_query) it appears that you are using Microsoft Access for a database, and that the IUSR anonymous account in IIS does not have rights to update the database. Please ensure that the IUSR_machine_name user has read/write access to the NTFS directory where the Access database is located (if indeed using Access), otherwise the web interface won't be able to update the database.

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic