Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Socket Error #10054 Connection Reset by peer - message queued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Socket Error #10054 Connection Reset by peer - message queued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Edmond View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Socket Error #10054 Connection Reset by peer - message queued
    Posted: 08 July 2003 at 10:53pm

Hi,

I 'm a new user of the SpamFilter. Does any one know the meaning of the error message  "Socket Error #10054 Connection Reset by peer - message queued" ?

Once I pressed the "flush now" button under configuration, it pop up the same message. So what does it mean?

Thanks,

Edmond

Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 12:17am

Edmond,

I know what it means when Sendmail issues that error ... something in the header format made the receiving server VERY unhappy but the sending server (in this case, Spam Filter) only does it's job ... queues it for a later attempt.  My experience with Sendmail tells me the it will sit in the queue until it ages and expires.  The error may be something totaly different for the Spam Filter server so perhaps Roberto will comment on this.

Dan S.

Edmond View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 12:55pm

Hi Dan S.,

So, how can we access or read the contents of those emails queued by the SpamFilter ?

Because the SpamFilter Server will attempt to deliver those queued emails every 60mins by default , but how many times that the server will try and then give up and treat those emails as a bad mails ,but some queued mails should be by pass from my white list "FROM mail".

Thanks Regards,

Edmond

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 4:12pm

Edmond,

The message "Connection Reset by peer" usually means that when SpamFilter tried to forward the email to your destination smtp server, the dest server disconnected SpamFilter for some reason. The emails are not lost, they are placed in the queue directory and attempted to redeliver, indefinetly, every 60 minutes until your dest smtp server is ready to accept them.

Are all incoming emails causing that error? If so, then you need to check your smtp server to ensure that it configured correctly to accept emails from the SpamFilter server. If only a few of the incoming emails cause the error, then please email us the Indnnn.tmp.rcpt and the Indnnn.tmp files in the SpamFilter/queue directory, along with a copy of your SpamFilter.ini file so we can take a look.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 4:17pm
Edmond,

I am not sure I fully understand the questions but here I go:

1. You can view a queued message by going to the queue folder under the SpamFilter folder and open the message up with a standard text editor such as notepad.  The messages are in "pairs".  One file is the recipient information and the matching file is the message itself.

2. GOOD Question ... one that should be deferred to Roberto.  The "standard convention" is to try every 4 hours for 5 days but since, presumably, the receiving server is either local or in the case of "Domain Forwarding", it is at least a known good server, this would be a bit excessive, if not just plain silly.  My thought is that it should try for 24 hours and then die but, again, I don't have that answer.

3. Again,  I am not sure but I believe that if a message gets as far as the queue, it has already passed through all the Black / White lists and is now having trouble communicating with the next destination server.

Did I answer the questions you asked or did I misunderstand something?

Regards,

Dan S.

Edmond View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 7:16pm

Hi Roberto Franceschetti,

Only one incoming email address has the delivery problem and show the message of "Socket Error #10054 Connection Reset by peer- message queued".

Thanks Regards,

Edmond

Edmond View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 10:59pm

Hi,

Can you give me a email address to send you those files, they are in size of 6.5Mb after zipped

Regards,
Edmond
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 11:12pm

You should send to support@logsat.com

Dan

Edmond View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2003 at 3:37pm

Hi Dan,

Those files were send to the address you provided.

Thanks,

Edmond

snake_eyes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snake_eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 1:06am
Hello ..

dear sir, I have a problem in FTP Access, when i try to upload some thing the result "error while uploding socket error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" i think it's windows problem ,,, regarding to the host it's working very well and i can upload from my notebook

With Regards
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 5:11pm
Mike, I don't believe your problem is related to SpamFilter, but to the FTP server/client you use. Please contact the makers of that application for support.

Roberto F. LogSat Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic