Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Features

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Randall Sanborn View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall Sanborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Features
    Posted: 23 June 2004 at 12:42pm

Here are a couple of features we would like to see in newer realeases of SF.

An ability to block HTML formatted emails would be nice. I think we could do this with a body filter of <html> but I would like something a little more robust.

On the same note, I know some other products offer the ability to send cusotmized rejection messages. This would be incredibly helpful for instances like a denial of an html message. A reply like 'Your email was rejected because it is formatted in HTML, please reformat in plain text and send again.' would make false positives far easier to diagnose and far less hands on for IT.

Finally, an update utility would be well recieved here. I think that having a common filter method among all user of spam filter, and having a central source to continually update those filters would help. It would, of course, need to append the filters, and not erase personal settings added by individuals, but regular updates would help cut our downtime.

Randall Sanborn

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic