Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MYSQL Database Setup Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redspyder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redspyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MYSQL Database Setup Guide
    Posted: 06 May 2005 at 5:34pm

Hi,

Trying to get this setup running on a Windows 2000 box with Windows MYSQL.  I get as far as the Connection String Tab.  What exactly do I put there?

MYSQL is installed and I have a database named spam.  I click to build the database and I have options in the provider for a few things.  One is the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server.  I have tried this and tried to get the database to connect, but can't see to get this working. 

Are there any database setup guides around? 

Also once we have the database setup, what is the procedure to allow people to log on and check their spam settings?

Thanks a ton.

RedSpyder

RedSpyder View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 12:08pm

ok...for anyone that is extremely new to mysql and need a solution for this, just setup your MYSQL link in the Control Panel under Administrative Tools, and then run the ODBC tool and create a link for MYSQL.  Then this will work when you build your own.

I have the database part up and running now linking through MYSQL.

Very very cool :)

Now if I could only get the client side frontend up.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic