Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Header forgery attempt - rejected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dbonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Header forgery attempt - rejected
    Posted: 18 July 2005 at 11:30pm

Attached message cannot be delivered to these recipients:

<emails removed>  : 554 5.7.1 Header

forgery attempt - rejected

I'm not sure that LogSat's filter is causing this, but wanted to check to see if anyone has seen this before?  Might be the Watch Guard Firewall :(

-Don

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 6:59pm
SpamFilter does not look at email headers, so if a spam email makes it thru SpamFilter, it is indeed possible that its headers are forged. If you have software that then scans those headers, it will probably be able to identify them as forged.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
dbonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:02pm

OOPS,  I forgot to fill in the blanks.

This is what we are getting on a return email when we send mail to another client in europe.

I seen in the forum where this software does not scan outbound, but is there an easy way to check?  I only have one smtp server, so my brain is little puzzled how it might or might not do that.

Cheers

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:14pm
SpamFilter will scan and process any email that goes thru it. Wether or not outbound email goes thru SpamFilter will depend on how you have your network configured. If you're unsure, you can always send an email to an external email accout you have access to, like yahoo.com or gmail.com or hotmail.com and see if SpamFilter's headers are in the email or not.

Please note that if the sender is whitelisted, then the email will not be blocked, but the email will still be processed by SpamFilter, which will add its own headers to it.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
dbonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:20pm

See, this is why I love forums.  It gives you ideas for when the brain is defunked.  Now I'm saying, why didn't I think of that.

Thanks !!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic