Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lockup when saving/updating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockup when saving/updating
    Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:09pm
Just loaded version 2.6.3.487 from scratch. Imported the local domains - no problem, but when I create a txt file for keywords, excluded domains, etc.... and enter information into the txt file and hit save within the GUI - The CPU goes to 100% and stays there. I've left it for upto 15 minutes and it's still pegged at 100%. I can't even terminate the process within the task manager. Only solution is to manually reboot the system (P4, Windows 2k server) This is a dedicated machine for the spam filter. Any ideas?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 4:38pm
Andy,

How many local domains is SpamFilter currently handling? If it's hundreds/thousands, performance has been greatly improved (100-fold) starting in build 2.6.3.490. If this is the case, we recommend you upgrade to build 490 or greater.

// New to VersionNumber = '2.6.3.490';
{TODO -cNew : Changed the control used to display logging in the GUI}
{TODO -cFix : Added *lots* of exception handling code to prevent sporadic problems with the GUI locking up at random}
{TODO -cNew : Added optional EnableDBGLogs ini option for additional debugging}
{TODO -cNew : Greatly improved startup and "Save Settings" response's time for installs with thousands of local domains}

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
AndyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 10:51am
Roberto - Thanks for the information. We have roughly 10-12 domains we're doing filtering for. I logged into our account at the logsat website and see that build 487 is the only release with pre-release builds of 495, 510, and 511 - I do not see a 490 please advise.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 9:42pm
"Unfortunately" we're often updating the available pre-release builds to make available to users new features and fixes. The latest pre-release available is 2.7.1.511, which has proven to be *very* stable, and is a likely candidate for the next official release. I recommend you install that build, as it does contain several bug fixes from previous versions.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic