Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ccess violation at address 00401991 in module 'Spa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ccess violation at address 00401991 in module 'Spa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
njtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ccess violation at address 00401991 in module 'Spa
    Posted: 21 November 2007 at 4:16pm
Hi,

I've been getting this error in my log files, after which spamfilterISP enterprise stops responding entirely. The GUI becomes completely unresponsive and all connections to port 25 on spamfilter's IP are immediately reset until the service is restarted (which always requires killing it with task manager since it's unresponsive to services.msc's stop/restart requests).

The error is:
11/20/07 18:57:36:875 -- (2100) Warning: error (1) scanning PDF for spam - Access violation at address 00401991 in module 'SpamFilterSvc.exe'. Read of address 000001C4

Reading through the forums, I see that previously the answer was to disable PDF scanning, which I've done. I also have image scanning disabled, in case that has any bearing on this. I'm currently running SpamfilterISP Enterprise 3.5.4.728 with MySQL. Rebooting the server it's on does not seem to help.
pcmatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcmatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:33pm
Try clearing out SpamFilter\Temp folder of any files; then clear out files in your SpamFilter\Queue folder that are older than your settings support; then restart the service.

If that doesn't work temporarily turn off Enterprise mode; restart, then go back to Enterprise mode if that was where you were.

Edited by pcmatt - 26 November 2007 at 11:35pm
-Matt R
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic