Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MAPS not working?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAPS not working?
    Posted: 04 December 2007 at 3:52pm
I have been using SpamFilter ISP for over a year now with no problems, but a couple of months ago, all of a sudden, MAPS stopped working.  Although in the log it says "MAPS search done", nothing at all is getting quarantined like it used to.  Most of my blocking reasons were because of MAPS but now none is.  The only quarantined emails now are "Statistical Filter Match".

The version I am using is: 2.7.1.532.

Both MAPS and SURBL are set to be quarantined.

my MAPS servers:
zen.spamhaus.org, true
dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net, true
dnsbl.sorbs.net, true
dnsbl.tqmcube.com, true

my SURBL:
multi.surbl.org
multi.uribl.com

My customers are complaining that they are getting alot more spam, which I attribute to this MAPS failure.

Any help is appreciated.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 6:04pm
Straker,

The most common likely issues that could cause these problems are:
1 - The DNS server(s) used by SpamFilter are not working
2 - There was a change in your network configuration that doesn't allow anymore SpamFilter to "see" the  real internet IP address of the remote server. SpamFilter must see that IP address so it can apply all the IP-based filters to it

Please note this is just speculation. To be more certain we'd have to see a few hours worth of SpamFilter's activity logfiles to see hwat is happening.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Straker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 7:21pm
That was it.  Thanks.  Apparently my ISP (Time Warner) switched my DNS while I wasn't looking.  Put in the new DNS address and its working again.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic