Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 2008 / System tray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GMTOUCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMTOUCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 2008 / System tray
    Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:48am
Hi All,

I try to install spamfilter on a windows2008 /r2 x64 machine.
Installation goes well, not quit since the alternative map will not work the program still installs in c:\prgram files (x86)\logsat\ Embarrassed

But why doesn't the service icon become visible in the icon tray as it does with windows 2003?

I have the latest version of logsat so that shouldn;t be an issue?

Hopefully somebody can give me the answers to this sstrange issue since we need to bin our 2003 machines.

Ofcourse I know the work around, stopping the service entering the stand alone version and restarting the service on exit ..... but that seems odd to be needed.
GMTOUCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMTOUCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:51am
Oh as an addition I can only use rdp to access the machine since it's virtual :-)
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 4:59pm
Please see the post at:
http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6765#13256

As a side-note, for the past few months we've been working on a complete rewrite of SpamFilter's GUI to solve this annoying "feature" in Windows 2008. As this is a major upgrade however, it will take another few months before this is complete.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic