Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Applying New Releases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IKILLSPAM1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKILLSPAM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying New Releases
    Posted: 25 May 2007 at 11:06am
Hi just wondering, if I am on eval 3.5.3.672 and Im updating to version 3.5.3.674 (i just purchased the product), obviously the two main .exe files I need to overwrite the old, but what about GeoIP.dat ? My current version is dated 4/3/07 and the one that came with the newer build is dated 5/3/07. Should I be overwriting this file as well? Obviously I am not using the setup.exe.

Also, is it ok to keep my install directory called c:\spamfilterEval3.5.3.662  even though I have now purchased it and have downloaded the licensed release? Does keeping it like that and just updating the files that are newer pose any problems?

Thanks!
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:10pm

Yes,  You should always have the latest geo.dat if you want the country ident to be as up to date al possible. The latest is available at:
http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz
das

The Desperado
Dan Seligmann.
Work: http://www.mags.net
Personal: http://www.desperado.com

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKILLSPAM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:01am

How about leaving the directory structure the way it is? Everything has been working fine so Im guessing its ok but a definate answer would be nice.

sgeorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:55pm
Hi there, so long as you're happy with it, so is SpamFilter. 

Stephen
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:30pm
I'm sorry IKILLSPAM1, we missed the last portion of your question, and did not notice it wen unanswered. There are no problems with the directory name.

If you ever wish to rename the directory, simply stop SpamFilter, edit the "SpamFilter.ini" file, and any of the "Filters.ini" files under the \SpamFilterEval3.5.3.662\domains directory (including its subdirectories). From those files, look for any entries that specify the old pathname, and rename them to the new pathname you choose. Rename the SpamFilter directory, then restart SpamFilter.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKILLSPAM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 9:05am
Excellent thanks Stephen and Roberto, you too Dan for the info on the Geo.dat.

Really enjoy this product. With its small footprint, all files needed are right in the program directory and ability to handle a large volume of email and not even notice a hit on any resources, simply great.

In about 30days SFI is reporting 165954 attempts and 129253 blocked. I'd say its doing a great job. I've got it tuned nicely over the last month as well.

Thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic