Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modifications are welcome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modifications are welcome
    Posted: 20 September 2005 at 6:14pm
Many users have greatly modified and improved SpamFilter's sample quarantine web interface. We're providing an open forum where users can share or make otherwise available their modifications.

Please feel free to post any topics that are related to web interfaces here.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
johndpatriot View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 10:08am

I have given the site a small face lift and added a back button to get things started.  I have also fixed a small bug that affects the end user trying to change thier password on rare occasions.

http://www.patriotforge.com/files/spamfilterweb.zip

Let me know if there are issues with this in this forum

Jacksun View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacksun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:15pm

This link is to the web pages I posted in the forum some time ago. I combined mods from several regular posters in the forum to create these.

There is select all messages button, new spam notification scripts, some buttons instead of links etc.

You can get them here:

http://www.inetsecurity.info/downloads/spamfilterweb.zip

Cheers,
Wayne

Roy View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 11:15am

Wayne,

The link appears broken...I am very interested in seeing what you have on the interface.

Roy

jacksun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:46pm
Sorry, moving the site.

Here is the new link:

Cheers,
Wayne

Edited by jacksun
rbarrow View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 10:58am

Thanks!!

Roy

lyndonje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 9:43am
Hi jacksun

I've installed your web interface, but the notifications don't seem to work. Is there anything additional to the HTML pages that are required?

Have anyone else developed any web interfaces?

Thanks!
Lyndon.
jdevv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdevv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 11:10am

Hi Jacksun,

I am trying to get your webinterface working with mysql.
Is that possible?

I get an strange error message on row 116 of listspam.asp

Thanks, David

Benny View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2006 at 4:20pm
I couldn't get the notification to work either. What about an automatic clean up after x days?
lyndonje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 3:49am
Isn't an automatic clean up already part of Spam Filter settings? Under the Quarantine tab?
ktrunkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 2:40pm

How would i setup the listspam.asp page to refresh automatically, based on the user plugging in a number to "refresh" every 30 seconds

ktrunkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 4:06pm
also, is there a way to log in and see all users spam.
Benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 10:33am

ktrunkett, yes you can, but you need a small mod to the website Wayne designed.

You can do this in two ways. One create an exception in the code (listspam.asp), if the EmailTo = specialuser@xyz.com, select all. the other way is to use SFI to see them. :-)

Edited by Benny
ktrunkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 11:49am

do you have an example of how (and where in the file) i should place that?  I really don't Know asp and the sql part of it.

Thanks.

Benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 12:27pm
Sorry, I don't. I don't have this need. You really need to know the sql to do this though.
Benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 9:48pm

I took a look at the code. here's what you can do.  Register an account like admin@mycompany.com

In the file ListSpam.asp line 33, replace the line 33 to 43 with the following and please make sure there's no line wrap:

'Generate query.

If EmailTo = "admin@mycompany.com" Then

SQL = "SELECT QuarID, EmailFrom, Subject, MsgDate, MsgID, RejectDesc "

SQL = SQL & "FROM tblQuarantine, tblRejectCodes "

SQL = SQL & "WHERE (Deliver = 0) "

SQL = SQL & "AND (Expire = 0) "

SQL = SQL & "AND (tblQuarantine.RejectID = tblRejectCodes.RejectID) "

SQL = SQL & "ORDER BY " & order_by

Else

SQL = SQL & "WHERE (EmailTo = '" & EmailTo & "') "

SQL = SQL & "AND (Deliver = 0) "

End if

Set rs = con.Execute(SQL)

ktrunkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 10:37am

That helps alot.. thanks.  One more (maybe Two) Questions.

That SQL works. Is there a way (i'm sure there is) to log in with admin@mycompany.com and only see "mycompany.com" emails.

i dont' want to see "yourcompany.com" emails. 

Thanks

Kriss

Edited by ktrunkett
Benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 12:35pm

'Generate query.

If EmailTo = "admin@mycompany.com" Then

SQL = SQL & "WHERE instr(1,tblQuarantine.EmailTo,"mycompany.com")&g t;1 "

Else

SQL = SQL & "WHERE (EmailTo = '" & EmailTo & "') "

End if

Set rs = con.Execute(SQL)

Edited by Benny
ktrunkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 4:06pm

SQL = SQL & "WHERE instr1,tblQuarantine.EmailTo,"mycompany.com")&am p;g t;1 "

didnt' work but i think i'm learning SQL now and did this instead.

SQL = SQL & "WHERE (EmailTo Like '%mycompany.com' )"

THanks for your help..

i'm going to try and figure out how to make any admin@anycompany.com get all of the quarantine for their specfic domain.

jacksun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 1:19pm
I have added the VBS scripts needed to run the reminder.asp scripts to the download. This download now has all the previous download stuff plus these VBS scripts.

These scripts get the reminders to work.

You need to put these .vbs files into a directory on the web server that has execute permissions, set the paths in the files so it can find your reminder.asp scripts, and then schedule these .vbs scripts to run using a scheduled job.

Wayne

Edited by jacksun
Rifleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rifleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 2:21pm
Could someone please give me the examples of the changes to the asp scripts when using MYSQL?

I am getting an error on line 111. The line is

con.open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=spamfilter; Initial Catalog=spamfilter; User ID=root; Password="%password%";"

Edited by Rifleman
Rifleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rifleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 6:10pm
 I am getting this error. I have gone oiver the instructions as much as I can. I creted the tables in MySQL.

Type mismatch: 'clng'

/ListSpam.asp, line 117

Rifleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rifleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 5:09pm
OK, so I got past one issue since I figured out what I needed to do in MySQL. But so far, the password change gets this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[Password] = 'password' WHERE EMail = 'email@domain

/PasswordChange.asp, line 40

Rifleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rifleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 6:12pm
Well, after much ado, I figured it out.

Now, for the notifications. Could we get some details on he scripts please? Has anyone gotten it to work? If so, how did you do it?

Benny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 6:15pm

I got it working. Actually pretty cool. Now it emails users a list of spam with subjects etc. everyday. Once users click the link in the email, it goes directly into the website and they can delete or send right there. No more login screen.

Anybody is interested, leave me a PM with your email address.

Edited by Benny
chris_bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 5:08am

Does anyone have a mod that allows users to add there alternate email address's via the web client ?

Best,

Chris

Stupid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 5:32pm

I can do this for you.

Originally posted by chris_bell chris_bell wrote:

Does anyone have a mod that allows users to add there alternate email address's via the web client ?

Best,

Chris

Stupid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 3:41pm

For anybody who is interest, I can develop this for you, but I would need a list of features that you want to be on there.

Stupid

lyndonje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 2:19pm
Hi jacksun,

I've set the http path in the VBS script, I've copied WinHttp.dll into system32 directory and registered it. But when I run the vbs script it errors. As CDONTS isnt installed on this server, I've added a WScript.Echo command if objWinHttp.Status <> 200 - which is appearing, so I kr
now the WinHttp is returning an error of some sort. The path in the VBS is correct, because if I copy and paste into IE it works.

Any ideas?
lyndonje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 2:59pm

Don't worry, sorted it.

Downloaded and installed MSXML4 SP2, and then changed the lines in your scripts from

Set objWinHttp = CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5")

to

Set objWinHttp = CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic